How to Wrap with a Gift Bagby Josienita Borlongan
Using gift bags to wrap gifts is less time-consuming than conventional gift wrappers. There is no need to do a lot of measuring, cutting and taping. Using gift bags is also environmentally friendlier than paper gift wrappers because they are reusable. These reasons are why many people prefer using them to wrap gifts. Gift bags come in different designs and sizes. There are gift bags made for birthdays, weddings, graduations, baptisms and many more. They also come in different materials, such as paper or fabric.
Items you will need
- Tissue papers in full sheets
- Shredded tissue papers
- Gift bag
- Gift tag
- Greeting card
- Adhesive tape
Get a gift bag, preferably double or triple the size of the gift.
Lay the tissue papers down on top of a flat surface with the design facing down. Arrange the tissue papers on top of each other so that they overlap.
Wrap the gift with the tissue papers. Place the gift at the center of the tissue papers, lift all corners of the tissue papers up, put them together and scrunch them slightly to the center.
Place the tissue papers with gift inside the gift bag. Make sure the top portions of the tissue papers are showing for a more attractive and festive appearance. Adjust the tissue papers neatly as needed.
Tie the two handles of the gift bag with ribbons. Use curly ribbons or grosgrain ribbons achieve a fuller, more finished effect.
Sign the gift tag and attach it to the handle of the gift bag or to one side of the gift bag using adhesive tape. You may also choose to insert a greeting card inside the gift bag instead of the smaller gift tag.
Add embellishments to decorate your gift bag. Choose trinkets, small bells, craft items or silk flowers to adorn the gift bag.
- Put breakable items in a packaged box first before placing it inside a gift box, then place extra tissue papers inside the box. Add shredded tissue papers to add cushion to prevent breakage.
- There are gift bags made just to wrap wine bottles. Make sure to wrap the wine bottle with two to three layers of tissue papers before inserting in a wine gift bag.
- When giving jewelries as gifts, it is a good idea to place them in a jewelry box to avoid losing or damaging them.
- hjwllms/creativecommons, jdurham/morguefile, cohdra/morguefile